PowerScore announces the release of The PowerScore GRE Quantitative Reasoning Bible. From the fundamentals of basic operations to the complexities of functions in the coordinate plane, The GRE Quantitative Reasoning Bible analyzes every question type tested and provides the most efficient methods for effectively attacking those questions.
The Quantitative Reasoning portion of the GRE is unlike other math tests, as it assesses not only your ability to perform mathematical operations, but also your aptitude for reasoning and recognizing unconventional solution methods. "This book reveals secrets of the GRE for both the mathematically-challenged and the Calculus graduate, making the questions seem less like math and more like puzzles," says PowerScore CEO and Course Developer, Dave Killoran. Ideal for both high and low scorers, The GRE Quantitative Reasoning Bible provides students with the tools they need to increase their confidence, mathematical mastery, and test scores.
The book contains all of the following essentials for GRE prep:
- An analytical breakdown of Multiple Choice, Numeric Entry, and Quantitative Comparison questions.
- Detailed explanations of eight solution strategies for attacking GRE Quantitative Reasoning questions.
- Chapters divided by content area (Arithmetic, Algebra, Algebra II, Geometry, Coordinate Geometry, and Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability).
- A comprehensive review of content knowledge and skill sets required for tested concepts (such as finding the volume of right circular cylinders).
- Detailed explanations of how each tested concept is applied to GRE reasoning questions (such as finding hidden triangles in right circular cylinders).
- Highlighted "Arithmetricks" and GRE Traps throughout the book.
- Over 350 example and practice questions, all with detailed explanations.
- Advice for thinking positively about the test and the Quantitative Reasoning section.
- A glossary of math terms used in the book and required on the GRE (such as integer, ratio, and regular polygon).
- Online supplements, including Quantitative Reasoning Flash Cards containing all relevant formulas.
Page Count: 475
Cover Price: $24.99
PowerScore Price: $19.99