Current Employment Opportunities
Work with us! PowerScore offers a fun and casual work environment and employee benefits. We are always searching for enthusiastic and responsible associates, and if you feel you have the energy and drive to be a part of the PowerScore team we invite you to apply for a position:
PowerScore Administrative Offices - Charleston, SC
Assistant Shipping Manager
PowerScore is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to perform daily operations of our Shipping Department in our Daniel Island, SC warehouse. Experience in distribution, domestic and international carriers, and fork-lift operation strongly preferred. Must be able to regularly lift at least 50 lbs.
The Assistant Shipping Manager is responsible for coordinating and overseeing all general shipping functions and logistics under the direct supervision of the Shipping Manager.
- Audits our weekly invoices with UPS, USPS and FedEx to ensure that we have the most advantageous shipper’s agreement based on our shipping needs.
- Maintains department database, prepares routine reports, and files shipping/receiving records.
- Keeps inventory numbers up-to-date for all publications, office supplies and packaging materials.
- Receives large delivered of our publications and course materials, via forklift if necessary. Verifies accuracy of deliveries.
- Assists Shipping Manger in consulting with Publications Department for re-printing of publications in order to keep appropriate inventory.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- Takes book store orders via telephone.
- Works with company database to manage course material shipments.
- Maintains a working knowledge of PowerScore products and services.
- Answers questions from callers regarding our publications and shipping policies
- Packages and ships book orders that come in both online and via telephone, as well as course books to our class locations nationwide. Selects appropriate shipping container and packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Complies with and understand international shipping regulations. In addition, prepare commercial invoices and Customs documentation for shipments as needed.
- Prepare and schedule shipments for motor freight; to include palletizing materials and preparing bills of lading.
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to regularly lift at least 50 lbs.
- Fork-lift driving certification or ability to obtain this certification.
- A motivated and outgoing personality
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in using web-based interfaces
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The Assistant Shipping Manager reports directly to the Shipping Manager. In addition, the Assistant Shipping Manager works directly with office personnel, instructors, and local service providers in the PowerScore headquarters.
PowerScore provides medical, dental, and vision insurance to its employees. Sick days, vacation, and 8 holidays per year also included.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.