Looking for further reading? Try one of these titles for more information on standardized testing, admissions, and financial aid.
- SAT and ACT Testing
- The Official SAT Study Guide, by The College Board
In-depth test-taking strategies and eight practice tests.
- The Real ACT Prep Guide, by ACT
Extensive test review and three practice tests with detailed explanations.
- College Selection, Application, and Admissions
- The College Board College Handbook, by the College Board
Up-to-date directory of more than 3,000 US colleges and universities.
- The Early Admissions Game, by Christopher Avery, Andrew Fairbanks, and Richard Zeckhauser
A guide for students applying for early action or early decision.
- On Writing the College Application Essay, by Harry Bauld
Tips on writing winning essays for multiple applications.
- Don't Worry, You'll Get In: 100 Winning Tips for Stress-Free College Admissions, by Mimi Doe and Michele Hernandez
Complete instructions for the entire admissions and selection processes.
- A is for Admission, by Michele Hernandez
A detailed explanation of Ivy League admissions.
- Financial Aid
- Financial Aid for Online Colleges by Affordable Colleges Foundation
- College Cost and Financial Aid Handbook, by The College Board
An in-depth look at private, state, and federal financial aid.
- Scholarship Handbook, by The College Board
Information on locating and winning local, state, and national scholarships.
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Financial Aid for College, by David E. Rye
An insider's advice on securing money for school.
- General Information
- Confessions of a College Freshman: A Survival Guide for Dorm Life, Biology Lab, the Cafeteria, and Other First-Year Adventures, by Zach Arrington
A introspection into the pitfalls and possibilities of your freshman year.
- Been There, Should've Done That II, by Suzette Tyler
Advice from current college students for making the most of your college experience.
- For Parents of College-Bound Students
- Don't Tell Me What To Do, Just Send Money, by Helen E. Johnson and Christine Schelhas-Miller
A guide for parents of college freshman.
- Almost Grown: Launching Your Child From High School to College, by Patricia Pasick
Recommendations for parents of high school seniors.