The PowerScore GRE Verbal Reasoning Bible
By: Victoria Wood | Paperback : 473 Pages | Edition: 2021-2022
$49.99 (Save 20%)
Preview a section of the book!!!
The PowerScore GRE Verbal Reasoning Bible is the most comprehensive book available for the verbal portion of the GRE. Other companies offer guides that combine the math and verbal sections, usually only briefly addressing Verbal Reasoning, or they split the verbal segment by question type, requiring readers to purchase multiple books for the same section of the GRE. The GRE Verbal Reasoning Bible, however, dedicates the entirety of its 473 pages to detailed solution strategies for attacking Text Completion, Sentence Equivalence, and Reading Comprehension questions. It’s the ultimate proven resource for learning powerful methodologies to increase your knowledge, speed, confidence, and ultimately your score on this highly intimidating portion of the GRE.
The GRE Reasoning Bible includes:
- Instructions for deconstructing the four types of question stems in Text Completion and Sentence Equivalence questions
- Key identifiers for the 4 types of wrong answer traps in Text Completion and Sentence Equivalence questions
- Strategies for decoding difficult vocabulary
- A vocabulary diagnostic to determine the extent of study of vocabulary words
- A glossary of common GRE root words, prefixes, and suffixes
- Approaches to actively reading different types of passages for time, comprehension, and pattern recognition
- Analysis of Reading Comprehension question right and wrong answer choices, including 6 types of answer traps
- Directions for deconstructing the 3 main types of Reading Comprehension questions (Vocabulary-in-Context, Literal Comprehension, and Extended Reasoning questions) and 7 question sub-types (such as Parallel Reasoning and Inferences)
- Detailed methodologies for quickly identifying and solving questions from Argument Passages, including Method of Reasoning and Assumption questions
- Over 300 example questions, practice questions, and drills in Text Completion, Sentence Equivalence, and Reading Comprehension, all with full explanations
- Appendix of 700 of the most commonly-occurring GRE vocabulary words, complete with definitions, context sentences, word forms and related words
- Advice for thinking positively about the test and the Verbal Reasoning section
- Chapter Summaries that review key points from each section
The PowerScore GRE Quantitative Reasoning Bible
By: Victoria Wood | Paperback : 554 Pages | Edition: 2021-2022
$49.99 (Save 20%)
Preview a section of the book!!!
The PowerScore GRE Quantitative Reasoning Bible is the definitive study guide for the Quantitative Reasoning section of the GRE. From the fundamentals of operations to the complexities of functions in the coordinate plane, The GRE Quantitative Reasoning Bible analyzes every question type tested and provides the most efficient methods for attacking those questions. The Quantitative Reasoning portion of the GRE is unlike other math tests, as it assesses not only your ability to perform mathematical operations, but also your aptitude for reasoning and recognizing unconventional solution methods. Written by a GRE expert, this 544-page book reveals secrets of the GRE for both the mathematically-challenged and the Calculus graduate, making the questions seem less like math and more like puzzles. Ideal for both high and low scorers, The GRE Quantitative Reasoning Bible provides students with a significant edge that increases their confidence, mathematical mastery, and test scores.
The book contains all of the following essentials for GRE prep:
- An analytical breakdown of Multiple Choice, Numeric Entry, and Quantitative Comparison questions
- Drills to determine operation mastery
- Detailed explanations of eight solution strategies for attacking GRE Quantitative Reasoning questions
- Chapters divided by content area (Arithmetic, Algebra, Algebra II, Geometry, Coordinate Geometry, and Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability)
- A comprehensive review of content knowledge and skill sets required for tested concepts (such as finding the volume of right circular cylinders)
- Detailed explanations of how each tested concept is applied to GRE reasoning questions (such as finding hidden triangles in right circular cylinders)
- Highlighted “Arithmetricks” and GRE Traps throughout the book
- Over 350 example and practice questions, all with detailed explanations
- Advice for thinking positively about the test and the Quantitative Reasoning section
- A glossary of math terms used in the book and required on the GRE (such as integer, ratio, and regular polygon)
- Online supplements, including Quantitative Reasoning Flash Cards containing all relevant formulas
The Official Guide to the GRE General Test, 3rd Edition
$40.00 (Save 25%)
If you're looking for the best, most authoritative guide to the GRE revised General Test, you've found it! The Official Guide to the GRE General Test is the only GRE guide specially created by ETS—the people who actually make the test. It's packed with everything you need to do your best on the test—and move toward your graduate or business school degree.
Only ETS can show you exactly what to expect on the test, tell you precisely how the test is scored, and give you hundreds of authentic test questions for practice! That makes this guide your most reliable and accurate source for everything you need to know about the GRE revised General Test.
No other guide to the GRE revised General Test gives you:
- Four complete, real tests—two in the book and a link to two more online
- Hundreds of authentic test questions—so you can study with the real thing
- In-depth descriptions of the Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning measures plus valuable tips for answering each question type
- Detailed overview of the two types of Analytical Writing essay tasks including scored sample responses and actual raters' comments
- Everything you need to know about the test, straight from the test makers!